The Pivot Vault is a competition-ready cyclocross machine that eagerly doubles as your all-season stage racer. Whether you plan to throw down in gravel events, the local crit series or if your favorite race is the one against sundown – when your rides include every possibility – the Vault’s go-anywhere, do-anything personality means that you can pare your quiver of drop-bar bikes down to just this one perfect ride.
To create this all-seasons ride, we’ve married Tour de France-caliber carbon technology, an all new carbon fork with increased tire clearance and a precise yet supple ride feel with new school frame geometry and design features that bring out the best in your skinny tire skills:
- As masters of off-road design, Pivot’s engineers are happy to upend old myths about what makes the best cyclocross bike. Pivot’s next generation drop bar geometry features a lower bottom bracket height, shorter chainstays and increased room for bigger tires. You see the benefit of these features through incredible cornering, great clearance for pedaling and obstacles and the stability you need for those tricky off-camber sections. Shouldering is a snap with the comfortable frame shapes.
- In addition, this new-school geometry approach means that the finished result also rivals the best of the best on pavement and in high speed groups. The Vault offers predictable handling, precision cornering and descending and point and shoot acceleration when you step on the pedals.
- Finally, when conditions get rough, the Vault’s unmatched versatility and a high-performance fun factor make it the first choice for exploring on road surfaces that you never felt comfortable going on with an asphalt-only racing bike.
The Pivot Vault features leading-edge materials and our proprietary hollow-core, internal-molding process. This coveted production technology enables us to create an ultra-lightweight frame with the most efficient power transfer. Size specific carbon layups mean that every rider has the same high quality experience. Our precision ride tuning combined with the latest through-axle technology and direct mount disc brake design delivers handling precision and braking performance at a whole new level. The ability to modulate your speed, to corner at exactly the right velocity, and to go exactly where you point the bike with supreme confidence allows the speed to come easily and the grins to be permanent.
The New Vault features 140-160mm rotor compatibility and new Shimano flat mount standard for disc brakes. When combined with 12x142mm rear spacing and front 12X100mm thru axles this is the ultimate package for braking responsiveness and steering in a high-performance, mixed-surface racing bike.
Custom Designed Carbon Fork
For the best in steering precision and braking power, as well as the ability to utilize the greatest number of tire options, the Vault frameset features an all new Pivot designed, full carbon, taper-steerer fork with an oversized crown, greatly increased tire clearance and Shimano’s new flat mount brake mount. For light weight and handling accuracy, fork dropouts have been upgraded to a 12mm thru axle design. The new fork clears 700C tires up to 48C.
Internal Cable Routing and Electronic Compatibility
The Vault features beautifully integrated internal shifter routing that easily adapts to both new electronic and traditional mechanical shifting systems. Large, easy to access ports are mechanic friendly.
BB386EVO Bottom Bracket
“As stiffness is directly tied to cross-sectional size it’s no surprise that… BB386 EVO has the most to offer, with both the added shell width and diameter that many frame-makers yearn for.”-Bike Radar
The Pivot Vault incorporates a BB386EVO bottom bracket system. This maximum-size, maximum-stiffness design standard was created by Pivot’s own Chris Cocalis and is featured in hundreds of bicycles and cranksets throughout the industry. Advantages include increased torsional rigidity, higher frame strength and better power transfer via an oversized 30mm diameter spindle and bigger bottom bracket shell cross section. This large surface area also contributes to ideal chainstay/bottom bracket integration and tire clearance – ideal for foul weather applications.
Sizing and Build Kit Details
The Pivot Vault complete bike features an ideal mixed-surface build with Shimano Ultegra build and Stan’s Grail wheels. The very wide rims handle both low and high pressures and wider tires with aplomb meaning you can tackle any surface with confidence. The 3T cockpit components feature the ultimate in contemporary Italian design complementing the beauty of the Vault frame while Shimano Hydraulic brakes and new FSA Gossamer crankset with upgraded chainrings let you take advantage of every watt you put into the pedals. The Pivot Vault is also available as a frameset, enabling you to build a personalized spec from the ground up.
Complete bikes and framesets are available in 4 sizes from XS-L (50, 54, 56, 58cm), to fit riders from 5’3” to 6’3”.
- New 1.5” tapered steerer carbon fork with 12mm thru axle, increased tire clearance and Shimano’s flat disk mount.
- Oversized fork crown optimizes stiffness, increases steering precision and eliminates brake chatter on rough surfaces.
- Thru-axle, disc brake frame design rivals the best road racing bikes for sprinting and climbing efficiency.
- Next-generation cross/gravel/road geometry – works for any road surface.
- Full carbon frame featuring proprietary hollow core internal molding technology for ideal weight, strength and stiffness.
- Optimized layup structure with ideal top tube and stay shaping for comfort and power output on long rides, rough roads and epic adventures.
- Internal cable routing is compatible with both Di2 and traditional, mechanical shifting systems.
- BB386EVO bottom bracket substantially increases torsional rigidity, strength and power transfer, while providing increased rear tire clearance.
- Disc brake compatible with 140-160mm rotors
- 2 bottle cage mounts
- Available as a complete bike or as a frame/fork/headset
- Sizes XS, S, M, L for riders between 5’3″ and 6’3″
- New Gloss Blue with matte carbon.