416 stainless steel is not the first material choice for most component manufactures looking to use stainless steel (most use soft 300 series). That is because 416 is hard...hard because the raw billet is expensive, hard because it takes a long time to machine. However, that did not stop Wolf Tooth because there is no denying that it is the best material for those that need the ultimate durability in a chainring. These stainless steel chainrings are not only beautiful, but they will last 5-10 times longer than their aluminum versions.
- Design and manufactured in Minneapolis, MN USA
- Wolf Tooth’s patented Drop-Stop® wide/narrow tooth profile for the ultimate chain retention and mud shedding ability
- Recommend the use of a clutch style rear derailleur for the best chain security.
- Made from hardened and electropolished 416 stainless steel
- Will last 5-10x longer (or even more) than our 7075 Aluminum chainrings
- Colors - raw SST
- Chainline (approximate as BB centering and cranksets vary)
- 30t - 48mm on 3x cranksets and 49mm on 2x
- If you plan to ride in very muddy conditions, we recommend a chainguide or chainkeeper in addition to a clutch-type rear derailleur! Without these precautions, you may experience chaindrops and/or chainsuck.
- Weight - 30t - 72g, 32t - 88g