The CAMO BashSpider is the world's only crankset-mounted boost bash ring. This is a spider with an integrated bash ring for use with direct mount SRAM cranksets. The CAMO BashSpider pairs with a CAMO chainring to complete the CAMO System.
The "rolling" ability of the BashSpider allows the rider to move easily over obstacles. Bash rings that are mounted on the crankset are better supported than bash rings that are mounted to the frame or bottom bracket, as bash solutions like ISCG 05 can void frame warranties.
The CAMO chainring system was created by the Wolf Tooth engineers for Chainline And Material Optimization on direct mount style chainrings.
The key advantages include:
- Perfect chainline: wear and shifting precision
- Optimal material usage: weight, stiffness, and wear
- Price: less expensive replacement chainrings
- Swapping simplicity: quick chainring change with five small bolts and no nuts
- This spider is designed to work with the SRAM cranksets that have a removable spider.
- Currently available with chainline optimized for Boost bikes. The number and letter refer to the mm offset and direction from the mounting face to the centerline of the teeth:
- M5 (minus 5mm - Boost)
- dished towards the frame for 52mm chainline for bikes with Boost spacing.
- Praxis Works mountain bike cranks use this offset for DM-A chainrings.
- CAMO mounting bolts are included with each spider but can also be purchased separately in a variety of colors
- Only works with CAMO 28T-34T round or 30T-32T elliptical chainrings
You will be able to access all bolts without removing the spider
Line up the little dot on the ring with the dot on the spider. Don't worry, you cannot install the ring in the wrong rotational orientation.
Be sure the bosses on the spider "plug in" to the chainring.
Torque bolts only to 4-5 Nm and use blue Loctite threadlocker