Note: When used with Shimano 11 speed rear derailleurs the WolfCage is required. We sell the WolfCage HERE.
In addition to working with Shimano 11 speed drivetrains, this modified 11-49 cassette works with any SRAM 11 speed rear derailleur and shifter (no cage modification required). If you have an NX drivetrain, it drops right in! If you have XX1, X01, X1, or GX, you need a Shimano freehub driver, 11-42 cassette from SRAM, Shimano, or SunRace, and the GC49.
The GC 49 is the latest addition to the legendary GC line and it's the biggest yet. The GC 49 cassette extender cog allow you to modify your 11 speed 11-42T cassette from Shimano to create an ultra-wide range 11T-49T cassette. To achieve the optimal shifting, the GCs are optimized for Shimano or SRAM / SunRace cassettes. Includes 18T cassette cog for optimal gearing in the smaller cogs.
You might ask why 49t rather than 50t, and the answer is simple. It allowed us to nearly double the number of shift gates from 4 on a 50t to 7 on a 49t...so you get much faster shifting. With cogs this big this is critcal as you can be waiting nearly a half revolution of the crankset before you will see a shift with only 4 shift gates. The 49t is only 2% different than a 50t, which is so small it won't be noticed.
- Compatible with Shimano 11-speed 11-42 and 11-46 cassettes.
- When used with Shimano 11 speed rear derailleurs the WolfCage is required. We sell the WolfCage+GC49 kits here.
- Can be used with stock SRAM 11 speed rear derailleurs
- Compatible with all 11 speed chains
- Note that you likely need a longer chain than you currently have your bike. Chain length is critical with the 49T and must be set according to the instructions on the GC tech page.
- Chain wear should be less than .5 when installing a new GC or chainring.
- Caution: always check full suspension travel with the chain on the GC 49. Bleed air from rear shock and fully compress the rear suspension to check. Derailleur cage must not bottom out in forward rotation.